MP7428 8A 12V Electronic Smart Charger
- Fully automatic powerful smart charger recommended for a wide range of vehicles
- Suitable for vehicles up to 5L (5000cc)
- For use with batteries 1.2Ah – 192Ah in capacity (Lead Acid & AGM)
- 9 stage charging cycle – automatically detects the battery voltage and condition before diagnosing, charging and reconditioning the battery
- LCD display showing charging information (battery voltage; charging current; % of full battery capacity)
- Reverse polarity, short circuit and open circuit protection
- 1.5m output leads fitted with insulated crocodile clips
- LED error indicator for reverse polarity, short circuit or open circuit
- Wall mountable robust case
- Suitable for start/stop vehicles
- High frequency charger – does not have a transformer
- Supplied in modern display packaging
- Box quantity – 8
- Suitable for: cars, 4×4’s, vans, caravans, motorhomes and tractors
How long does it take to recharge a flat battery?
Please note – MP7428 needs a 12V battery to be at a minimum of 1.5V before it will attempt to charge.
An indication of the time required to recharge a flat battery can be calculated by the following formula:
Battery capacity in Ah x 1.25 / Charger rated output
The time required by any device to fully charge a battery can be effected by environmental conditions and battery condition. Maintenance charging will sustain a fully charged battery in optimum condition whilst minimising the risk of long-term damage to the battery due to either under-charging or over-charging.
My charger is stuck at 95% and will not progress beyond this point.
If the battery remains connected to a vehicle whilst being charged, the additional load placed on the electrical system may influence the behaviour of the charger and inhibit the chargers progress. To attempt to charge the battery to 100% it would need to be removed from the vehicle.
If the battery is not connected to a vehicle, being stuck at 95% could suggest the health of the battery has deteriorated and the charger is unable to progress beyond this point, this would depend on the age and condition of the cell. To test this, please connect the charger to a known working battery to see if the behaviour of the charger differentiates.